ESTATE SERVICES WE OFFER:
COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION TO EVALUATE YOUR ESTATE NEEDS:
Our first step in the estate liquidation process is to have a complimentary consultation with you to see what services may be needed. We can provided you with information on any of the following: estate sales, auctions, complete buyouts, donations, and any other possible forms of liquidation that would most benefit your estate, depending upon its size and value.* Our goal is to assist you to reach the most feasible solution to your estate needs, regardless of whether our services are used or not. During the consultation, we will discuss our steps, fees, and answer any questions. If you are interested in proceeding with us, we will have you sign an agreement prior to us beginning any work.
*Please see Frequently Asked Questions
RANGE OF SERVICES WE OFFER (ONE OR ALL MAY APPLY):
PERSONAL PROPERTY OF THE ESTATE:
We are not attorneys, nor can we provide legal guidance to the Personal Representative (P.R.). However, we can assist the P.R. in the compilation of the personal property inventory list for the estate. Generally, this occurs within three (3) months of the appointment of the P.R. Although assistance in this valuation will be provided, please be aware that it is up to the P.R. of the estate to present the value to the attorney and/or the probate court.
COMPLETE BUYOUT OF THE ESTATE:
Sometimes a complete buyout may be the best method of liquidating an estate. This could occur either because of time constraints, or due to a smaller amount of personal property in an estate. In this case, we may personally purchase the contents, or recommend one of the many re-sellers that we know.
PREPARATION OF THE ESTATE FOR A SALE:
Depending upon the size of the estate, the time frame for the preparation of a sale could range between a few days to a few weeks. Below is a list of some of the steps that we will take when handling your estate sale. (Discussion in greater detail will be conducted during the initial consultation.)
- De-clutter, remove un-sell-able items from the premises
- Clean, organize, price all items to be sold
- Take photos of items to be sold
- Prep house to reduce liability from accidents, falls, or injuries to estate sale attendees
- Advertise sale via multiple outlets, contact existing email list
- Hold a 2-3 days sale, depending upon amount to be sold
- Staff the sale accordingly based on size
- Handle all the sales proceeds/record keeping, including sales tax
- Produce an inventory of items sold and the proceeds from the sale
- Disburse proceeds less commissions, per contract agreement
DE-CLUTTERING AFTER THE SALE:
Some items will not sell during the estate sale. We can assist the P.R. in the removal of these remaining items. Remaining items can be donated to local charities. Once these items are removed, the estate will be left in broom-swept condition.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES THAT WE OFFER:
PRE-PREPARATION OF THE HOME FOR SALE:
If the P.R. needs to do final preparations of the home prior to listing the home for sale, we can assist him/her if needed. A separate agreement would have to be signed prior to the start of any additional work.* In order to help sell the home in a faster, more profitable way, we are able to do the following: minor repairs, repaint, new carpet, new roof, etc. If we do not contract with you to do the work ourselves, we can provide names of other reputable people who can complete the project(s). In addition, we can work with a Realtor of your choice, or we can refer a few that we recommend.
*Please note: If the P.R. does not contract with B&C Treasures for additional work, the P.R. is then solely responsible for contacting, contracting, and payment to any additional persons and/or companies if additional work is needed. B&C Treasures will not be involved in or be liable for any additional work unless an agreement has been signed to such.
*FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What makes B&C Treasures different than other estate sale companies?
- What costs and fees are associated with an estate sale?
- What kind of a time frame will occur in this process?
- What if you find something highly collectible or an heirloom?
- How do you determine prices on items?
- What do we do if we know there are some items missing in the estate that have not been located?
- How will you protect the property during a sale?
- What if we decide to keep an item instead of selling it?
- What days are the sale?
- Can I help?
- Can I be there for the sale?
- What about cars, boats, guns, etc?
- How do you get people to come to the sale?
- Can I change my mind and follow through on the estate sale?
- How and when will I receive the proceeds from the Estate Sale?